Sileby is in the process of producing a Neighbourhood Plan. A Neighbourhood Plan Advisory Committee along with a number of themed groups have been formed to prepare the plan, made up of volunteers from the village and some parish councillors, all supported by Neighbourhood Planning consultants 'YourLocale', that will be used by Charnwood Borough Council when deciding Developers Planning Proposals..
The aim of this Neighbourhood Plan is to build and learn from previous community engagement and village plans and put forward clear wishes of the community regarding future development. It has been produced with a realistic intention to deliver local aspirations within the context of the strategic planning framework, and to capture actions that are important to the community, but which need to be pursued as 'projects' through other delivery means.
NOTIFICATION OF FORMAL CONSULTATION ON SILEBY NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN (REGULATION 14 TOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING, ENGLAND, NEIGHBOURHOOD PLANNING (GENERAL) REGULATIONS 2012)
The Sileby Neighbourhood Plan has been published for consultation. Statutory consultees have been contacted. If you would like to take part in the consultation, please see the information below:
The consultation period runs for 7 weeks from 26 November 2018 – 11 January 2019 More »
The Draft Plan and supporting documents can be viewed or downloaded from the Neighbourhood Plan section of the Sileby Parish Council website:
If you require a hard copy of the Plan to review or would like to make representations, please contact the Parish Clerk:
Mrs R Richardson 41 High Street SILEBY Leics LE12 7RX
Tel: 01509 813075
Following this public consultation process the Plan will be reviewed and submitted to Charnwood Borough Council together with all the supporting documentation, including a Basic Conditions Statement and Consultation Statement setting out who has been consulted, how the consultation has been undertaken and how the representations have informed the Plan.
Charnwood Borough Council will then invite representations, before the plan is subjected to Examination by an Independent Examiner. Once any further amendments have been made the Plan will be subject to a local Referendum, if the Referendum is successful the Plan will be "Made" by Charnwood Borough Council
Emma Compson - Chair of Sileby Neighbourhood Plan Advisory Committee
Elizabeth Astill -Vice Chair of Sileby Neighbourhood Plan Advisory Committee
- Neighbourhood Plan Display Boards for Open Event - 8th September 2018 (PDF, 608 Kb)
Neighbourhood Plan Display Boards from the Open Event held on Saturday 8th September 2018
Policy and Actions Presentation Event - 8th September 2018
Futher opportunity for feedback on draft policies open until 15th September 2018.
Village Questionnaire Responses - 21st Dec 2017
Feedback and analysis of the questionnaire sent out to the village to help the NPAC and Theme Groups get a clearer picture of the priorities of the residents of Sileby for the future. Thanks to all those who gave their feedback. Check out the analysis here.
Theme Group Event Evening - 26th Oct 2017
This is an opportunity to give members of the community to support the Neighbourhood Plan with collecting data and insight, with the end goal to writing the Chapter for the Theme Group containing the Policies and Actions. The Theme Groups are Housing, Transport, Environment, Community Facilities and Employment.
Consultation Event - 16th Sept 2017
Thank you to everyone who gave up their Saturday morning to give us your ideas and thoughts about the future of Sileby. We had a fantastic 140 people attend, with plenty of great insight about the needs of Sileby. If you missed it and would like to see the Presentation Boards Displayed at the event click here.
Neighbourhood Plan Kickstarter Meeting - 21st Feb 2017
On Tuesday, 21 February a Neighbourhood Plan Community Event was held at the Community Centre. This event was held to help everyone understand what a Neighbourhood Plan is and the benefits, to the village, of producing one. The event was fairly well received and around 40 people attended from different parts of the community. We are delighted that a number of residents have volunteered to form an Advisory Committee, along with some of our Parish Councillors. To help bring the Plan together the Advisory Committee will work with our consultant, Gary Kirk, Managing Director, of YourLocale. We appreciate it is a large undertaking to produce a Neighbourhood Plan but it is one which will help shape the development of our village in the years to come. This is a combined process, it cannot solely be a Parish Council initiative, and we would very much welcome input from all residents. See Presentation here.
- Minutes of the Neighbourhood Plan Meeting held on Thursday 30th August 2018 (PDF, 317 Kb)
- Minutes of the Neighbourhood Plan Meeting held on Thursday 27th July 2018 (PDF, 260 Kb)
- Minutes of the Neighbourhood Plan Meeting held on Thursday 31st May 2018 (PDF, 227 Kb)
- Minutes of the Neighbourhood Plan Meeting held on Thursday 26th April 2018 (PDF, 254 Kb)
- Minutes of the Neighbourhood Plan Meeting held on Thursday 22nd February 2018 (PDF, 261 Kb)
- Minutes of the Neighbourhood Plan Meeting held on Thursday 25th January 2018 (PDF, 254 Kb)
- Minutes of the Neighbourhood Plan Meeting held on Thursday 30th November 2017 (PDF, 260 Kb)
- Minutes of the Neighbourhood Plan Meeting held on Thursday 26th October 2017 (PDF, 249 Kb)
- Minutes of the Neighbourhood Plan Meeting held on Thursday 28th September 2017 (PDF, 358 Kb)
- Minutes of the Neighbourhood Plan Meeting held on Thursday 31st August 2017 (PDF, 358 Kb)
- Minutes of the Neighbourhood Plan Meeting held on Thursday 27th July 2017 (PDF, 260 Kb)
- Minutes of the Neighbourhood Plan Meeting held on Thursday 29th June 2017 (PDF, 117 Kb)
- Minutes of the Neighbourhood Plan Meeting held on Thursday 25th May 2017 (PDF, 254 Kb)
- Minutes of the Neighbourhood Plan Meeting held on Thursday 25th April 2017 (PDF, 293 Kb)
- Minutes of the Neighbourhood Plan Meeting held on Thursday 30th March 2017 (PDF, 293 Kb)
- NPAC 20171201 Village Questionnaire Analysis (PDF, 2.6 Mb)
Feedback and analysis from the Questionnaire created by the Neighbourhood Plan Committee.
- NPAC 20171016 Theme Group Event Programme (PDF, 190 Kb)
Event Programme for the Evening, inviting the local public to participate in Theme Group work.
- NPAC 20170916 Open Event Display Boards (PDF, 1008 Kb)
All the Display Boards used at the Open Consultation Event.
- NPAC 20170221 Community Event Presentation (PDF, 950 Kb)
Presentation outlining the benefits and process of a Neighbourhood Plan.
- Pre-Submission Consulation Comments Form (PDF, 401 Kb)
Please return by 11th January 2019
- Study of Traffic Flows in Sileby (PDF, 1.7 Mb)
- Buildings and Structures of Local Significance (PDF, 1.1 Mb)
- Local Green Space Assessments (PDF, 726 Kb)
- Environmental Inventory (PDF, 795 Kb)
- Site Selection Process (PDF, 206 Kb)
- Sileby Housing Needs Report - February 2017 (PDF, 435 Kb)
- Sileby Land Registry Data PPD 1995 to 2016 (PDF, 100 Kb)
- Sileby Draft Neighbourhood Plan (PDF, 8.3 Mb)
- Sileby Census 2011 (PDF, 700 Kb)