'Help Us Help You'
Help us help you - new LLR winter website launched
Cold weather can be seriously bad for your health. Which is why it's important to look after yourself and your family as temperatures begin to drop.
There is a lot we can all do to plan ahead, care for ourselves and our loved ones and seek appropriate advice and treatment at the right time.
To help you stay well this winter, health and social care partners across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland (LLR) have launched a new website to help you manage your health and get the most out of your local NHS services.
Packed with advice, tips and useful resources to help you stay well over the Christmas and New Year period, the new website focusses on:
- local urgent care services across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland
- self care advice and making the most of community pharmacies
- protecting you and your family from flu
- keeping antibiotics working
- getting the right care at the right time through NHS 111
- accessing GP services, including evenings and weekends
- a range of health apps, including exercise, diet, first aid and mental health
You can find out about the many different ways to access healthcare, which can be confusing, especially when you're feeling under the weather.
The website also provides lots of useful advice around self care, including handwashing and keeping a fully stocked medicines box at home.
The new site is a great one-stop-shop for health advice this winter, so why not take a look today.
Posted: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 13:16 by Julie Lovatt